Intensive clinical education has long been a hallmark of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. Since its establishment in 1978, The Eye Institute has been the core of this exceptional clinical program. TEI has also become an important vision care resource for the North Philadelphia community it serves.[bricks_PCO_Class2012]After more than 30 years of service, The Eye Institute underwent a major renovation and redesign that not only refreshed its appearance but also accommodated new technology that has become a critical part of today’s optometric practice.

As part of the Setting Our Sights renovation campaign, which supports this historic project, you have the opportunity to name an engraved brick to be installed at the new front entrance of The Eye Institute. An 8 x 8 inch brick can be installed for a gift of $1,000, and a 4 x 8 inch brick can be installed for a gift of $500.

The renovation of The Eye Institute is absolutely central to the core mission of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. As an institution that pioneered clinical education in optometry and played a major role in the expansion of clinical practice in the profession, we are deeply committed to providing future optometrists with the finest clinical education. Please share in our commitment and join us to make this vision a reality.

Over 140 bricks have already been set in front of The Eye Institute’s main entrance at 1200 W. Godfrey Avenue.