Complimentary Speech-Language Screenings at TEI in Honor of Brain Injury Awareness Month
In honor of Brain Injury Awareness Month, the Speech-Language Institute (SLI) of Salus University will be offering complimentary speech-language screenings during select Wednesdays in March at The Eye Institute (TEI) of Salus University’s Oak Lane campus. The initiative aims to bring awareness to the affects traumatic brain injuries can have on one’s speech, language and cognitive skills
The screenings are free and open to the public. They will take place at 1200 West Godfrey Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19141, on the following dates from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
A representative will be on-site to discuss any questions about SLI’s services and treatment options. SLI offers a wide variety of evaluations and treatment solutions for adults and children, including:
Learn More About SLI's Services
- Articulation disorders
- Voice and resonance disorders
- Fluency (stuttering) disorders, receptive and expressive language (reading and writing) disorders
- Feeding and swallowing disordersCognitive disorders affecting memory, attention, reasoning, problem solving, orientation, judgement, or executive functioning
- Social communication disorders affecting one’s ability to use and interpret language in social situations
- Accent modification (modifying or reducing accented speech for non-native English speakers or speakers with regional accents).